BUP-DAP which stands for the Buprenorphine Drug Assistance Program, is designed to increase access to medications that treat Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Enrolling in this program will allow individuals with OUD who are uninsured and underinsured to have access to these vital medications while they are waiting to get enrolled in DC Medicaid or another form of health insurance.
If you, or a loved one, do not have insurance or if your insurance does not cover the medication you need to treat your condition, please reach out to your doctor to sign up for BUP-DAP.
BUP-DAP Preferred Drug Formulary
Buprenorphine /Naloxone MIS 8-2MG
Vivitrol Injection 380mg (Naltrexone)
Suboxone MIS 8-2mg
Naloxone spray (Narcan Intranasal)
How to utilize BUP-DAP
Visit your doctor: a valid prescription is required to utilize BUP-DAP benefits.
Talk to your doctor or case manager: case managers can register you for BUP-DAP here.
After approval into BUP-DAP, you and your case manager will receive a BUP-DAP Enrollee ID Card.
All prescriptions must be fulfilled at:
Government of the District of Columbia
Department of Behavioral Health Pharmacy
35K Pharmacy 35K Street N.E. Washington, D.C. 20002
Telephone: 202-442-4954 Fax: 202-727-7453
5. To pick up your medication, all you need is your government issued photo ID.
For more information, please contact the DC BUP-DAP Coordinator
• Telephone (202) 727-1593
• Email DC BUP-DAP Coordinator
- The MyRides program provides free rideshares to District residents with an opioid use disorder (OUD) or stimulant use disorder (STUD) to get to and from substance use disorder (SUD) treatment or peer-operated centers.
Client Consent Form (Download Form)
- For all participating providers, please present this consent form to your clients and inform them how their personal information will be used to facilitate rides. Afterwards, if the client gives verbal consent to participate, please:
- Fill in all of the fields;
- Save the document as “Consent_ [First initial of client|Last initial][Date]” (e.g. for consent form of client, John Doe, signed on 2/13/21, you would save as “Consent_JD21321”);
- Email the document to [email protected].